Children’s party in the dunes: all children love to go on an exciting hike outside in the dunes with their friends!
There is always something to see or to explore. Let them experience what they can do in nature! For example my hike with GPS, the knightly quest, exploring bunkers in the Amsterdam Watersupply Dunes, dropping with GPS, party on the beach, a hike in the dark, eating from the wild and a lot more. Also for adolescents! The possibilities are endless. And while they play, they learn that spiders do not bite, that deer won’t attack, that not all fungi are toxic, that a wood in the dark is scary but not dangerous, and a lot more! Often I get as feed back from children that this was ‘the coolest party ever’! Cool, instructive and boudary breaking. And as parent you do’nt need to organize much, ideal when you are busy! And no, it is NOT dangerous outside, if you only apply some basic precautions. Download here my FREE ADVICE for visiting the dunes safely (in Dutch only) and a flyer where you can find all about ticks (in Dutch only): teken-en-lyme-folder-rivm-apr2016.
Most popular children’s party is: knightly quest and dropping in the dunes/ GPS-hike (during day or in the dark). Do you want to know if a children’s party is suitable for your child? Click here for CHECKLIST how to choose a party (in Dutch only).
Book! Click here to go to ‘your’ age category:
For children 4 – 8 year:
– Nature quest: look for the ribbons and find your way in the dunes and do the quest! Pay attention and do some assignments, like looking for soil animals, play the predator-prey play, who sees a rabbit? And a lot more….
– Knightly quest: look for the ribbons and find your way in the dunes and look for the treasure of the Knight of Brederode! You will do some ‘Medieval’ assignments, and at the end you will have to find the golden treasure all by yourself!
– Beach party: combine some parts as you wish: treasure hunt, looking for shells, shrimp fishing and making piles of sand. For endless playing joy at the beach! I will accompany the children, while you can relax on the beach…
> More information
For children 8 – 12 year:
– GPS-assignments hike in nature: you will learn a lot about GPS and all it’s functions, you will do some different assignments with GPS. Meanwhile you enjoy walking in the dunes. Both in Kennemerduinen and in Amsterdam Watersupply Dunes. Including accompany and use of 2 GPS-devices.
– Dropping in dunes, GPS-hike: you will find your way into the dunes all by yourself with help of GPS from start till end. It is allowed to leave the beaten track, so this will be exciting! Maybe we will encounter some fallowdeer, and more…. I will accompany you on this cool hike / dropping. At the end your parents will be waiting for you! Including accompaniment and use of 2 GPS-devices. At several places along the Dutch coast: in the Amsterdam Watersupply Dunes, in Kennemerduinen and Middenduin, in the dunes near Hillegom, De Zilk and Noordwijkerhout (southern part of Amsterdam Watersupply Dunes) and also in The Hague! (Westduinpark).
– Bunker hike in the dunes: find your own way with GPS to the bunkers in the dunes. Do you dare to enter them? How many are there? What was their function? Explore them all during this exciting bunker hike. You can also decide to play your own game there, for example in 2 teams. In Amsterdam Watersupply Dunes.
– Beach party: see above. Children of 8-12 years still like to play on the beach!
> Meer info
For children of 11 – 13 year: idea for an exciting party!
– GPS-hike in the dark: Do you like an exciting hike in the dark? It is possible to do so in Spaarnwoude, in the dunes between Overveen and Zandvoort, and in the Westduinpark near The Hague. You will be ‘dropped’ somewhere out there (at the starting point), and you will have to find your way back all by yourself and your friends. I will accompany you; of course your parents don’t join us. What will we see and encounter? If you like we can do some assignments or listen to a exciting story on a nice spot, watching the stars, or combined with an evening picknick. For adventurous and cool adolescents who want to do something else on their birthday party! At the end your parents will pick you up. If you like we can combine it with a small campfire at the end (NB. extra costs and not possible at all hikes). You can also combine this hike afterwards with a sleeping party at your home!
> More info
How does it work?
For all hikes applies: it takes 2 hours (sometimes a little more); maximum of 12 children (in some cases more, but only in contact). Date, starting time and place to start to be determined together with you. Depending on age of the children parents join with zero, one or two adults. I will always accompany the group, and the group will stay together. All childen on the hike are insured for injuries. NB. I am experienced in dealing with children with autistic features, please discuss the possibilities with me. Ask non-commital more information. Catering: if you want you can book a picknick in the field (I will cater), or give some food to all the children by yourself, or you can organize something to eat in a neighbouring restaurant as to conclude the children’s party, for example with pancakes.
All hikes: € 149,- incl. BTW for a group up till and including 8 children, duration 2 hours. More than 8 children? Then there will be extra costs of € 10 per child. Picknick: € 5 per child. Mini campfire to conclude the hike in Middenduin: € 30,- extra.
Children who join me are insured to injuries. Nevertheless I would like it that parents join me (especially with younger children), so there will be ‘more eyes’ and so we can jointly decide what is OK for the children.
High risk activitities (like campfire and climbing trees) only in consultancy with you as parents. Older children like it when you will not join us! Everything to be decided by both of us, what is the best for your child!
In case of bad weather or unforseen odds you are allowed to cancel the activity without costs, or you can postpone it. When you cancel, you are responsible for an alternative yourself.
Just in case I become ill or other unforseen odds, I will try my best to find someone for replacement. If I don’t succeed, the hike will be cancelled.